Based on some recent conversations, the following clarifications (blue text) have been made to the rules regarding the mystic model.
The Mystic Rules
1. The model must be mounted on a 20mm or 25mm base.
2. The model must match the appearance of the army (i.e. no using a lizardman for a dark elf army).
3. The model must be painted. No exceptions.
4. The model does not count as any unit in the army's respective book. Rules for the use of the mystic will be provided on the day of the event.
5. The mystic must clearly be modeled to easily identify it as the mystic. This does not mean that an elaborate conversion must be made, simply that someone cannot state that the chaos warrior with the extra static grass is the mystic.
6. When it comes to a player’s appearance score, the model will be judged based on the criteria of whether or not upon first glance, does it stand out as the mystic.
7. When it comes to winning the Best Mystic Model, I will be selecting the model I like the most from those that meet the requirements of 1-6. Winning or losing the Best Mystic award has no impact on a player’s tournament score
There are two rewards for making sure to bring a mystic. First, the model will be factored into each players' painting score. Second, the best model, as selected by the judge, will receive a cool prize and award.
Please feel free to post any questions or comments.